WordPress and Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) Integration for large campaigns
Today we are announcing the availability of Amazon S3 Integration services for WordPress Websites. Over the last few years, WordPress has really improved its core from a blogging platform to a full fledged CMS platform. The availability of thousands of plugins and our own extensions means that netON is able to build not just smaller sites but also large and enterprise CMS platforms on WordPress. Inline editing, varying levels of access, integrations with other enterprise solutions means that you can now take advantage of the ease of use of WordPress in your organisation. To find out more about what customised WordPress we can offer, please send us an email here.
Amazon S3 – Simple Storage Service
Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites.
Launching large campaigns on any website is always tough, you need to make sure that
- the server can support a large number of concurrent visits
- the server can support a large number of concurrent database connections
- the server has enough bandwidth and processing power to support all the visitors on the site
- the server will not block visitors thinking it is under attack
This is where the flexibilty of Amazon S3 comes into the picture. NetON can setup your website/campaign to pull all the media information from Amazon S3. This means that
- All images will be served from an Amazon Cloud server nearest to the visitor
- All media files will be served from an Amazon Cloud server near the visitor
- Your Database is backed up in Amazon S3
This means that your data is securely stored in the Amazon Cloud Storage and your WordPress Website will be able to handle a large number of users at the same time.