The next Release for the most used CMS in the world WordPress is almost at our doorstep with the release of WordPress 4.3 Beta. The newest version, WordPress 4.3 Beta is a Beta Release and is due next month. This release focuses on adding new features to the WordPress CMS.
WordPress 4.3 Beta comes with a number of new features as listed below:
We are most excited about
- the security features coming into this release with the team working on improving passwords, also limiting the lifetime of password resets and generating secure passwords.
- the fact that you can now toggle columns in the list view of Posts and Pages, this was a big issue if you had any SEO plugins.
The latest update comes with the following featues:
- Menus can now be managed with the Customizer, which allows you to live preview changes you’re making without changing your site for visitors until you’re ready. This will most likely make it to the final version.
- That favicon bugging you? You can now manage your site’s favicon and app icon from the admin area.
- Very Exciting: A lot of work has been put into Better Passwords throughout WordPress. Now, WordPress will limit the life time of password resets, no longer send passwords via email, and generate and suggest secure passwords for you.
- Editor Improvements have been added. Certain text patterns are automatically transformed as you type, including
-transforming into unordered lists,
1)for ordered lists,
>for blockquotes and one to six number signs (
#) for headings.
- We’ve improved the list view across the admin dashboard. Now, when you view your posts and pages on small screen devices, columns are not truncated and can be toggled into view.
Beta Release means that this version of WordPress is still in development. Our team will not be updating your WordPress site with this version until it is released. Please read through this post to see what is coming to WordPress, however noting that the final version may be slightly different from the Beta Release. Please note that becasue this is a Beta Release, we won’t be updating your WordPress installation with this release.
WordPress is a free and open-source tool and a content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system. WordPress was used by more than 23.3% of the top 10 million websites as of January 2015. WordPress is the most popular blogging system in use on the Web, at more than 60 million websites.
NetON WordPress Development Services
NetON offers a complete range of WordPress Services for Australian businesses. Our team is constantly working on WordPress Website Development, WordPress Design, WordPress Hosting, Strengthening WordPress Security, running SEO OPtimisation on WordPress Websites and upgrading Core and WordPress Plugins. Our team has worked with small to enterprise companies in creating, managing and running successful WordPress websites in Australia and around the world. Please contact us for more details on our services. Please use the contact details on our Contact Us Page.
WordPress Demo Site
NetON maintains and upto date demo site of the latest version of WordPress that you can browse through.