1. Make sure your Magento/Online store is well SEO optimised
Make sure that all of your pages have
- Page titles
- Page Descriptions
- Keywords (optional)
Make sure all of your categories have
- Keyword Meta Titles
- Images if appropriate
Make sure all of your products have
- Keyword Meta Titles
- Short and Long Descriptions
- Multiple optimised images
- As much description as you can
Google Webmaster Connection
Google Webmaster helps you identify how well your online store is indexed by Google and what problems Google might be having with indexing your website properly. To get an overview of your site in Google Webmaster, you will need to verify that you own the site.
Add your Google Analytics id in the Magento Backend to see how many visitors are coming to your site and how they are finding it.
To view how to change SEO Components and connect your store to Google Webmaster and Google Analytics, please get in touch with us, or log into your admin area and look under help.
2. Supporting Content for Pages
Lets say you sell TVs. You need to have at least these pages:
- Product pages, which has all the information about the TV and tech specs and photos and videos.
- Category Pages, which as all the information about what is a TV and what range is available
- Sub Category Pages (LCD TVs, 3D TVs) which further define the product and allow Google to rank your pages higher
- Attribute Listing Page (optional)
A TV might have an attribute (LCD / Plasma) you can then turn this into two CMS Pages (one for LCD TVs which has all the description for LCD TVs and a dynamic listing of all LCD TVs and another Similarly for Plasma TVs).
A blog will help you talk about new products and anything relevant to your target customers. You can
- talk about new products
- compare your most popular Product A vs Product B
- write about lifestyle interests of your customers
- discuss events that you are having
4. Adding content to GetPrice, shopping.com.au etc using Magento Extensions
Magento has a lot of inbuilt extensions which help you push your products to sites such as
- Google Base etc
This will mean that your products will be featured on Australia’s price comparison sites for free. If you are competing on Price, this is a great advantage. If not, you would want to be more selective about where you are pushing your product listings.
5. Connect Facebook with Magento/Online Store
Set up your Magento Store to automatically push any new products to Magento. If you don’t have the resources to do this, you can always set up a business Facebook Fan Page and
- put up Facebook timeline posts when you add new Products to Magento/Online Store
- post events information to Facebook TimeLine
- post any milestones to Facebook Timeline
- Add a like button to your Product, Category and Information pages.
6. Connect Twitter with Magento/Onilne Store
- Set up your Store to push a tweet when you add a product or do it manually.
- Add tweet buttons to all the pages of Your online store.
7. Run Search Engine Marketing/Social Media Campaigns
If you product is superior to competitors and your site looks more professional or has a better brand, put aside some budget and set up campaigns in Google Adwords and Bing/Yahoo Search Marketing. You can also set up Facebook Marketing campaigns